In a few years, Instagram has turned from an ordinary social network with several million visitors into a real marketing machine. Here you can do everything – sell goods or services, promote your creativity or create a personal brand. However, regardless of the purpose of your presence on the Internet, you just need to have basic knowledge about promo and be able to apply them in practice.
The competition is getting tougher every day, and in order to stand out from the crowd and make yourself known, it is not enough to rely solely on luck and the algorithms of the platform. In this article, we’ll talk about the best (proven and reliable) ways to attract subscribers that you can use in a promotional strategy. Keep reading!
Where to start?
Obviously, the first thing is to identify a niche and your target audience. Your upward movement will depend on this. Without this useful information, you won’t be able to create a sufficiently attractive page and become visible in the thematic community. Start small – fill in all the fields and make your account professional.
- Make a bright BIO: come up with a “telling” nickname (on the subject of the blog), select and install a successful portrait or logo, briefly write in the description who you’re, where you’re from, what your blog is about and why you need to be watched. Remember, you only have a few seconds to attract the attention of account visitors and encourage them to click on the “follow” button.
- That’s not all. What makes the page more presentable and solid? Of course, the number of subscribers. We also recommend that you take care of this in advance. Yes, you won’t be able to do it quickly in free ways, but there is always an opportunity to use paid PR services from trusted companies such as Viplikes. Contrary to many stereotypes, this is absolutely normal, safe, and, moreover, useful. Paid services are the fastest and most effective way to expand your fan base.
Users who visit the page will appreciate a larger audience and are more likely to want to explore your content and subscribe; this is how social thinking works. People follow those who are trusted by many others. You need to understand this and use it in your promo strategy. This way you can save time and effort, as well as develop the page in a complementary way. It’s convenient, fast and easy!
What to do next?
1. It’s no secret that influencer marketing is now everything in the world of promotion. Instagram has everything so that you can collaborate with other bloggers, create joint content and help each other expand the audience. Regardless of what the topic of the blog is and how long you have been in the online community. Trust us, you aren’t the only one who started his journey this year and is looking for an opportunity to make his account more visible.
Here’s what you need to do: find a niche novice blogger (who has at least 1000 followers), be active on his page and then write to the DM with an offer of cooperation. Since mutual PR should be mutually beneficial, we recommend that you compare your statistical indicators – they should be approximately the same. A few tips – never agree to cooperate with direct competitors and make sure that the creator is determined. Such simple rules will help you avoid problems in the future.
2. Many unnecessarily underestimate the power of hashtags, considering them “garbage” in publications. This is not true: keywords are still useful and can help you promote content. Tags are like internal optimization. Do you want your publications to be sorted and fall into the right trends? Then use the thematic words in every post, Story, Reels, etc. Despite the fact that you can write about 30 tags in a publication, we would not recommend using that many. 7-10 words is the optimal amount to start with.
Keep in mind that tags should not be viral and non-thematic – this is not what is needed. Explore your niche and choose the words that really describe your content and are low-frequency. In any other case, there is a high probability that the posts will get lost and won’t reach the right audience.
3. Reels are the trend of 2023. Short clips appeared on the web not so long ago, but they have already managed to win the love and attention of the audience. According to statistics, such videos demonstrate a higher level of engagement and bring fame to their authors. Why? Users are tired of the same type of publications with photos and long texts. They want to get information quickly, simply and clearly. That’s why Reels have become one of the best formats on Instagram.
Be on trend, create relevant content – explore which videos get the most response from viewers and take the most successful ideas from popular bloggers. Style them for your blog – come up with your own “highlight”, a bright image and an unusual greeting. This will distinguish you from thousands of other creators and attract the attention of users. Try to post Reels as often as possible; even if they get only 10-20 views at first, don’t give up. Sooner or later, the videos will get into the recommendations and a lot of people will see them!
4. Unfortunately, to achieve virality, it is not enough to rely on luck, high quality posts and platform algorithms. Your content should be everywhere – this is one of the main keys to success. Your target audience is not only here, they also visit other resources, watch videos there, read news, like and support their favorite authors. Increase the visibility of your blog – start uploading content to other sites.
Every second active Internet user has personal accounts on several platforms at once, like Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, etc. Use this for your own purposes. Create (if you don’t have) pages on these sites and start duplicating publications here too. For example, you can upload Reels to TikTok and YT Shorts, and for text posts, select Facebook and Twitter. Leave a link to the original source in the description – so users can visit your page and get interested in other content.
5. And last but not least, communicate with subscribers. It may not be obvious, but in fact people like to be friendly to them, answer questions and give advice. Try to respond to all comments and go Live as often as possible. This way you can not only strengthen the connection with those who are already following you and make their attitude more loyal.
Why do you need it? Just imagine: if 10 people tell their friends about you, your audience and fame in the online community will grow significantly. This is exactly what any blogger needs to succeed.
Well, now you know the main ways to attract an audience and you can use them to achieve your goal. In the beginning, it may be difficult for you, but remember that the result is worth it. Work on improving your content every day, create a reliable promotional strategy and don’t be afraid to experiment. We wish you success!